Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Getting close...

36+ weeks. Seriously? Now this is seeming very very real. We are now going to the dr every week and I am definitely feeling that exhaustion set in where I can tell she is running out of room. Will we make it another 3+ weeks?? We shall see! Quick update...

How far along? 36 weeks 2 days
Total weight gain: Um... I'd prefer to keep that to myself thank you :)
Maternity clothes? Broke down and bought another pair of jeans. I haven't bought a whole lot - trying to make do with the tunic-y shirts I already had, but I'm definitely starting to run out of options. Time to be creative!
Stretch marks? None! Yay!
Sleep: Sleep's getting a little more uncomfortable - like most everything else. Just can't get comfy/wake up a few times a night/etc... But I guess I should get used to that!
Best moment this week: Dr visits are always fun - she is still doing perfectly so that is a praise report! We also...(drum roll please)... FINISHED HER NURSERY!!!!!
Miss Anything? My wardrobe a little bit... and not feeling like I waddle everywhere!
Movement: Oh yes.
Food cravings: Nothing too exciting to report. Still love me some root beer floats! Also have started eating my weight in corn on the cob - delish.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nada... I take that back - thinking about how I'm going to go into labor makes me a little queasy haha. I'm not nervous for the actual labor or her being here - just the fact that I have no control whatsoever on when she will decide to come is tough on this planner!
Labor Signs: Hard to tell when you haven't experienced labor before... Possibly some slight Braxton Hicks, but nothing all that exciting.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Looking forward to: HER GETTING HERE!!!!!

We had our last 2 showers last weekend and they were amazing! I am truly blessed by my amazing work and City Church families. Priority #1 before my last showers? Uhhh getting my hair done! As a "blonde", it was definitely time for a little touch up! Have to be ready to look good for when my girl gets here!

There is no greater feeling than freshly done hair. I stand by that.
My TPG (work) shower was during lunch on Friday and my coworkers did an awesome job! I was seriously blown away. They blessed us with so many goodies, including one of my favorite gift ideas so far - each person was encouraged to bring a book for Hadley's collection instead of a card. I had just been telling Ricky about how I didn't have any books for her and, well, he didn't seem to think that was his priority to take care of in between, ya know, putting the crib together and all that. ;-)

A rousing game of baby pictionary
The rest of the crew (including the *ahem* winning team on the right)
My sweet amazing hostesses Dianne and Damaris with the YUMMY cake Damaris made. Um, I think she knows the way to a pregnant lady's heart :)
Really - these people are amazing and I can't wait to introduce Miss Haddie to them so very soon!

Shower pt. 3... City Church Shower! I love all these girls so much and was once again, so blessed to have so many wonderful friends come celebrate our girl with me. Lindsay and Kara did a wonderful job and we had seriously some of the most yummy shower food ever. (Once again - prego loves her snacks!) I am so excited to bring another little one into this church family where she already has so many people to love on her - and so many new friends to meet! (Young couples = LOTS OF BABIES!)

Yummy cupcakes!

Yes, got to get a pic with the food spread!


Hostesses Lindsay and Kara - love these girls so much! So excited Lindsay's having a new friend for Hadley so soon!!
So now the last load of laundry is done and everything (ah - give or take a few things ;-) ) is in its place. How about a little peak into our princess' abode??





Now the only thing missing is our little miss! We are within a month - we will see you soon baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment